Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Lest We Forget


It feels weird waking up today and not hearing anything about ANZAC Day. I was even asked the other day by one of the British deputy principals what its all about, so I doubt there'll be anything on TV about it tonight! Did anyone go to a dawn service? They had one on in Hyde Park but I wasn't keen on making my way there alone at 4am on public transport (I miss my car today!).

3 of my flatmates left for 11 days in Turkey on Saturday morning, they would have been in Gallipoli this morning for the service. I definitely want to go to Gallipoli/Turkey at some stage next year but lots of people say its better to go on any other day but ANZAC Day, yet heaps of others say this is the best time to go? They were estimating something like 20 000 were attending?

We have new people in the house at the moment - they are in the girls' rooms for 2 weeks while the girls are away. There's a guy from Melbourne, a Kiwi couple and an English girl. Its funny how people have there own little quirks about minor stuff that you just need to get used to - its good in some ways but also makes you appreciate your everyday housemates that sometimes you whinge about! Its cool having a couple of guys in the house, just for a change. Plus one of them is a footy fan (Demons) so at last I have someone in the house to talk to about the week's results! I did hear today that the Magpies won the ANZAC Day battle at the MCG?

Happy World Penguin Day as well!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're not too lonely with your housemates away! Glad that the new ones seem okay, and if they're not all great then at least you're know they're not there for long!

One of my housemates is moving out in a month as well so now we have to go through the process of trying to find someone cool to live with. Hopefully we will :0)

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home