Sunday, January 22, 2006

In 24 hours time...


In 24 hours time I will be in the car on the way to the airport. The last few days have been crazy, going out for farewells with various friends, organising last minute things like putting my health insurance on hold, getting padlocks for my suitcase and right now I'm in the middle of packing.

Anyone who knows me knows about my shoe collection, which had to be culled down! I also can't fit all my bags/clutches in my luggage either :-( Its so hard to fit your life into 20 kgs worth of suitcase! My ugg boots which have been on order for 6 weeks still haven't arrived either (not that I can fit them in anywhere!), so Mum is going to post them over when they arrive. I would get a pair in London but they're sooo expensive, especially when you convert the pounds.

Tonight the family is going out to dinner, then I'll come home and probably stay up all night because I won't be able to sleep. When I went to the US for 2 months back in 2001/2002 I didn't sleep a wink the night before leaving and was running on adrenaline for the entire 30+ hours I was travelling. Hopefully this time I'll be tired and will get some more sleep on the plane. I woke up early this morning and my stomach was churning really badly, but its eased off now.

Don't know if I'll get a chance to post again tomorrow before leaving, so Perth friends look out for me in the sky after 5pm (that's my plane in the picture)!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and have fun in London!!

Hope you can fit everything in 20kg...don't worry if overweight, I had 37kg when I first moved to London, just smile a lot ok?? :)

1:18 am  
Blogger Rikki said...

Fare thee well and have a nice trip!
Hope you get lotsa good movies on the plane and a good looking male flight attendant who is not gay.
BYE!!!

2:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck petal!!
Have a great flight :) I hope you have the time of your life!! xxx

4:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my lil sis moved to London in March 2005 - http://hayleee.blogspot.com

you're going to have a great time!

2:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your Mother speaking, glad you made it without too many hiccoughs!Take care lovie xxx

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home