Saturday, February 04, 2006

Best cereal ever...


Still house hunting. What a frustrating experience this is! First of all, in London - never judge a house by its price. I've seen places that are so expensive and are absolute dives. Kitchens less than 2 square metres in size. Rooms that are so small you hit the wall when you hop out of bed. Dirty bathrooms you share with 4 other people. Its starting to become a bit demoralising. I'm not expecting a penthouse, but I want to live somewhere that I enjoy living in, rather than dreading going home to a disgusting mess. Looked at a stunning place on Wednesday night - literally still being finished! The place has been gutted and refitted with new kitchen, bathrooms and furniture. Unfortunately the couple living there can't tell me if I've got a room till Thursday, which is quite stressful for me as I really need to get into a place ASAP. Living out of a suitcase and on an air mattress is not ideal! I've got another place to check out this afternoon, a house of 4 Aussie girls. Fingers crossed its okay (considering the rent...eek!).

Oh I have to tell you about this cereal! Yesterday I was craving cereal and milk, probably because I'm a bit low on calcium, so I went into Sainsburys to find some. I found Clusters - its wholemeal flakes with clusters of almonds and hazelnuts scattered throughout. Sooooo good! I had a bowlful as soon as I got home last night!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi darling!!!

sounds like u are having a good time!!

we are doing the big move on sunday not looking forward to the big move but will be nice once we move in!!!

went to northbridge on saturday night it was good but so volient there hey!!!

u being clubbing in london yet?

when do u start the job??

love marie

ps thanks for the email

1:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi michelle

fingers crossed you find a house soon, i'm sure the right one will come along at the right time, i bet it will!

I'm currently trying to find a place to move out to, and its hard enough in perth!

When do u start work?

love katie

miss you!

12:22 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Where did you go in Northbridge?

Haven't been 'clubbing' in London as its far more hardcore than the clubs back home, but going to lots of lovely bars/pubs like one called the 'Slug And Lettuce'! They have the funniest names for pubs here!

4:06 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Katie - Start work in 2 weeks. Went to Selfridges today = designer heaven. Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Chloe, Chanel...but looking at the prices in pounds completely freaked me out! Still haven't bought anything clothes/shoes related, but spotted a cute cardigan today in FCUK so I might just go back for it tomorrow. Looking for a pair of tan/natural leather flat boots to tuck my jeans into, but no luck yet :-( I need new jeans too because the pair I have on are too big (hooray)!

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home