Monday, June 12, 2006

If you think its bad at home...


So the World Cup is finally here. Thank god. I don't know how much longer I can handle hearing about Wayne Rooney's foot! It has been at the top of the news for the last month...as apparently all of England's hopes for winning seem to be pinned on this metatarsel.

London has turned into a sea of red and white. People are pinning flags wherever they can - prams, scooters, bikes, apartment windows, balconies, all over their bodies...and the TV has had World Cup specials and documentaries on for the last few weeks, the only one of interest being the behind the scenes look at Posh & Becks pre-cup party.

For someone who is a sports buff, I don't know why I can't grow to like soccer. There's just something about it that bores me to tears - the fact that it can be so slow, with possibly no goals being scored in an entire match totally frustrates me. I sat down yesterday and watched 5 minutes of the game between England and...can't even remember who...but one goal was scored while I was watching. Glad I turned the TV off when I did, because that was the highlight of the match - no other goals for the entire 80 or whatever minutes.

I'm still barracking for the Aussies but once they're gone I will be counting down the days until the whole thing is over and we can start focusing on the AFL grand final (which I'm predicting will be an Adelaide vs. West Coast game)!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the? I'm in shock michelle I thought for sure you'd be behind the world cup... OK its no AFL or premier league but look at the foot work, ball skills and the freaking awesome goals.... alright I might be talking it up a tad but come on get into the spirit!! ausssie aussie....haha

Its soccer crazy here too, your not misssing out. I went to the deen, midnight sunday night, waited in the line, which was half way down the street.... to watch aussies go down to brazil - I know it was a given but we held them close, it was just a few 'man ups' that stuffed us up and a little luck! haha I'm so in my element!! haha bring on croatia!! haha

Well nothing to update...final exam tomorrow, cant wait! then I'm on holidays! yay! Moving house on july 30th so Ill let you know the new detail when I find a new abode!

Hope your doing ok...

7:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI MATE

WELL I AM FINALLY ABCK AT WORK AS BEEN IN NEW ZELAND FOR TWO WEEKS WHICH WAS LOVELY. THE SOUTH ISLAND GOT THE MOST SNOW IN ONE DAY IN 65 YEARS SO HEAPS OF SNOW WHICH GOONIE ENJOYED VERY MUCH! DID SOME SKIING AND LOTS OF SIGHT SEEING!!
HAND FED SOME GIRAFFEES WHCIH WAS AWESOME!!

WELL NEWS BACK HOME NOT MUCH TO REPORT SAW YOUR MUM A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND SHE SAID TAHT SHE WAS COMING TO SEE U WISH I COULD!!

MY COUSIN EMMA IS OVER IN LONDON AT THE MOMENT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS!!

WELL TALK SOON

MAY CALL THIS WEEKEND IF I AINT TOO BUSY WITH TRYING TO GET THE HOUSE ALL ORGAINSED

LOVE REE

2:09 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Marie - Glad to hear you enjoyed NZ so much, Mum told me about the crazy weather they were having on the south island and we thought you may have been snowed in and not been able to do much! Sounds like it didn't stop you though!

Frances - I'm calling loads of people back home this week, I'll send you and email so I know what days/times I can catch you at home!

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home