Sunday, February 12, 2006

Its raining, its pouring...


Well I woke up this morning to rain - the first time it has rained in London since I arrived. All I can see in the sky is dark grey clouds, so it looks like today will be constant drizzle. I haven't got an umbrella either yet. They need the rain here though, so I won't complain.

So anyway I'll do a run down of my new house while I have the chance!

The House
Is a 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom place that shares a common door with the neighbours, 3 English guys in their twenties (we are considered the first floor house, they are considered the ground floor house - really common thing over here). We have a large kitchen and living room, the house is split over 3 levels and my room is on the second level. I have the biggest room, which has 2 windows with wooden blinds that face onto our street. The house is very English - meaning its all cream! The bathroom upstairs has a roof window which is on a slant, when you sit in there at night you can watch all the planes flying over to land at Heathrow. I will take photos this week hopefully and put them up! Our phone is being connected on Monday and we should have wireless internet in the next week (we're having trouble finding computer shops/internet providers here). We've bought all of our cooking/kitchen supplies and our brand new furniture (couches, kitchen tables, coffee tables, wardrobes, chest of drawers etc.) arrives this week! We have new double beds too, thankfully they arrived before I moved in so we didn't have to sleep on the floor!

The Flatmates
Are 4 girls from Sydney aged 22-25. Amy is a primary school teacher also, she has only been here about 5 weeks and is doing relief teaching through an agency as well. Felicity is working in admin at the moment, Stephanie P works in finance and the other Stephanie hasn't arrived from Australia yet - she lands in a week I think? She works in real estate but doesn't have a job arranged here. We all get along really well and because no one has ever lived together before there's no set rules/house cliques, even though some of the girls know each other from back home.

Last night we all went out to Elk Bar and then a club called Havanas, we walked home which was very painful for me as I have a blister on my toe from all the walking I've been doing. This afternoon I have to go and get a few groceries and pick up some random things like coat hangers. I'm calling my teaching agency tomorrow to see if I can bring my orientation to this week rather than next week, as this week is a holiday for UK students/teachers and I want to start working next week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi michelle

it all sounds so exciting, so good u have some nice sounding female company - am sure they'll become some of ur best friends!

meanwhile... are any of those english guys cute ;)

miss u - there is a serious great guy shortage in perth at the moment

love katie xx

2:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there from vogue forum,
Still checking out your blog.
Could i ask, how much would a temp office person earn per week? in pounds that is.Thanks.

9:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home