Friday, March 03, 2006

Celebrity spottings


Okay I should have posted this a few days ago I but I forgot. Last week I could have sworn I saw one of the Sugababes shopping on Oxford Street, then last Sunday as I was walking down Oxford Street I bumped into Chantelle and Preston (pictured above).

Now no one outside of the UK will know who they are, but over here they've created a bit of a media frenzy (after appearing on Celebrity Big Brother) and currently adorn the cover of every trashy tabloid or budget magazine (as well as Jordan who has a new book out, god help her). Preston is the lead singer of some B-grade band here called 'The Ordinary Boys' (yes you are!) and Chantelle is a nobody. Yep, a nobody.

She was put into the BB house as a joke on the whole 'celebrity' thing. Her mission was to convince the other 'celebrities' that she sung in a pop group and was actually famous, when in reality she's a Paris Hilton lookalike who wears a hideous shade of lime green eyeshadow (even scarier is the statistics that say sales of lime green eyeshadow have increased by like 50% since she was on BB).

Anyway she and Preston had a bit of thing inside the BB house, despite the fact he had a girlfriend on the outside. Chantelle ended up winning BB in an ironic twist (the non-celebrity wins Celebrity Big Brother) and is now a household name, for...well...nothing.

For the first few weeks after BB the magazines played out the whole love triangle, but it seems the two have actually hooked up. They were out in Oxford Street shopping (TopShop) together and there were tons of people around them taking photos on their phones and screaming their names. I just kinda smirked and wondered how long their 15 minutes will actually last...now that Chantelle has her own reality TV show!

I told you British TV was bad!

In other news, I got a parcel from home filled with Aussie essentials like Twisties & Cherry Ripes. I also spoke to a few people yesterday! Frances, Rikki and Narelle - which made me feel heaps better. Slowly I'll get through calling everyone, its just a matter of timing with the 8 hour difference between London and Perth. And since when did it turn March? I've been here for over 5 weeks now and February had only started last time I checked! Plus I looked on our house calendar and there is a public holiday in Perth on Monday...boo! Hope everyone has a good long weekend.

Photos are coming!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to be a cheer-er-up-er!! hee
As usual no celebs here but Heath is up for an Oscar, pitty he wont win but who cares I still know him...oh yeah im so cool...
ok nothing else to say as I spoke to you last week, but stay safe....remember 7.3 is what you want!
luv Frances xx

5:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home