Sunday, March 05, 2006

Weekend wrap up


Well I can't say I've had the most interesting weekend ever...but thought I'd update anyway. Lina, the American model who has been staying in our house for a few weeks leaves tonight. Well actually, she returns to the house from Egypt, where she's been for a week now doing a photo shoot (gee what a tough life it must be). Anyway she moves out tonight, so she'll come home, get her bags and whatever she left here and head home.

Last night went out with some of the girls I live with to a housewarming in Putney. They've got such funny names for suburbs here, I always think of Chutney! Hmm what else do we have here...Elephant & Castle, Oval, Angel, Sheperd's Bush, Earl's Court, Canada Water, Canary Wharf...the list is endless. The housewarming was technically a 'flatwarming' as it was in a high rise block just off the Thames. Glad I don't live in a flat though, its a bit of a nightmare getting in/out of buildings and being extra close to your neighbours.

The Oscars are on tonight and I just checked the TV guide...they're not on here? I love watching the red carpet special to see what they're all wearing, maybe it will be tomorrow night instead? We don't have Sky TV, which we were supposed to get when we first moved in(but I think we can't be bothered with installing it anymore, too much hassle and not enough time to watch TV!). Kath & Kim is actually on tomorrow night though, but at some ungodly hour.

Tomorrow I don't know where I'll be working, which is bound to be interesting. I have to be ready to walk out the door at 7am (as always) and give my agency a call. They'll literally tell me in 5 minutes which area I'm going to, how to get there (if I don't know) and what year I'll be teaching. Then tomorrow night we're heading to our local GBK (pictured) - Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Its basically a small chain of burger restaurants that was set up by a Kiwi, you get the most amazing burgers there and for their size, they're great value. Last time I had the 'Pesterella' which has pesto inside the burger.

I think this has been my most boring entry to date? Ooh but I might be going to see Robbie Williams in Paris in June!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

your gourmet burger place sounds nice!!!

were are tne real stars!!!!!!!

have a great week

nothing much to report back home

me and goonie are getting a spa

love ree

4:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think england has weird name just have a look at tasmania....Flowerpot, Eggs and Bacon, Sand...you get the picture...habg on the english settled in tas and named everything - your right they are weird!!
luv Frances xxx

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home